Wednesday 24 June 2015

I absolutely LOVE books that are so well-written that I can take life-changing, meaningful quotes from them. I have always wanted a way to store all these, so I shall use this page as a way of sharing them with the world! :) Here are my favourites to get us started...


*Disclaimer* I make no apologies for the amount of times Matt Haig will inevitably appear on this page, because I think his way of dealing with 'what it means to be human' is incredible.


“A book is a map. There will be times in your life when you will feel lost and confused. The way back to yourself is through reading. There is not a problem in existence that has not been eased, somewhere and at sometime, by a book. I want you to remember that. The answers have all been written. And the more you read, the more you will know how to find your way through those difficult times.” - Matt Haig, Echo Boy

"History is the certainty produced at the point where the imperfections of memory meet the inadequacies of documentation." - Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Ending

"If there is a sunset, stop and look at it. Knowledge is finite. Wonder is infinite.

Don't always try to be cool. The whole universe is cool. It's the warm bits that matter." - Matt Haig, The Humans


“Even now, feeling this pain, I don’t want to not be me. Because we have hope, don’t we? And no matter how terrifying the future becomes, it’s worth it. Life is always worth it. I feel alive. I must be alive to feel this pain. We have known pain. The physical kind and the other kind. And we are still here. It hasn’t finished us off. I looked at the fresh scar on my hand. Maybe that was what life was. Beyond all the illusions…just a series of scars. Yeah, that is how you grew up. You discovered pain, but far from being crippled by that pain, you were made stronger, because you knew you had survived it. Skin is tougher when it scars. And so the next time the pain comes along, you’re ready for it. And it made the rest of my life shine with hope, the way the scar just highlights the smoothness of the skin around it.” - Matt Haig, Echo Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment